Clubhouse Interview: Liz Kirk, Alum and Women's Director of Rugby (Part 1 of 2)
- What was your connection to Seattle Rugby Club before your role as Coach and Women’s Director of Rugby?
- What are the goals for the 2023-2024 season?
- Who is the coaching staff for the women this season?
- What are the strengths and areas of focus at this point in the season?
- What does it mean to the club to have received the 2022-2023 Women’s Team of the Year award from PNW Rugby?
- What do you think separates this club from others?
- What is the club’s community engagement?
Liz Kirk, alum and Women’s Director of Rugby, tells us about the direction of the women’s side for the 2023-2024 season. She talks about the special culture of the club on and off the pitch and how that contributes to the team’s success in the BC and US leagues, the evolution of the game and style of play, the expanded coaching staff, and the team being honored by PNW Rugby. Liz also shares her story of showing up to her first Breakers practice at Green Lake and playing for the club in the ‘90s and ‘00s.
About the Seattle Rugby Club
Established in 1966, Seattle Rugby Club (formerly known as Seattle OPSB and Seattle Saracens) is an adult rugby union club focused on the fifteens code of the global game. Seattle Rugby proudly promotes the sport of rugby in North America both on and off the pitch through community-focused efforts as well as performing on game day. The club provides opportunities for men, women, and young people to engage with rugby at all levels.