Clubhouse Interview: Kellen Gordon, Player and Men's Director of Rugby (Part 1 of 2)
- What was your connection to Seattle Rugby Club before your role as Coach and Men’s Director of Rugby?
- What are the goals for the 2023-2024 season?
- How is the club building on the successes from last season?
- What is the club’s community engagement?
- What are the strengths and areas of focus at this point in the season?
- What do you think separates this club from others?
In this Seattle Rugby Club coach interview, Kellen Gordon, player and Men’s Director of Rugby, tells us about the direction of the club and the men’s side for the 2023-2024 season. Hear about team cohesion, community engagement, pushing for a National Championship, and the interconnectedness that makes Seattle Rugby Club special. Kellen also shares his story of playing for the club at the time Seattle, Old Puget Sound Beach, and the Breakers were merging.
About the Seattle Rugby Club
Established in 1966, Seattle Rugby Club (formerly known as Seattle OPSB and Seattle Saracens) is an adult rugby union club focused on the fifteens code of the global game. Seattle Rugby proudly promotes the sport of rugby in North America both on and off the pitch through community-focused efforts as well as performing on game day. The club provides opportunities for men, women, and young people to engage with rugby at all levels.