Clubhouse Interview: Brigid Lagergren, Alum
- Tell us about yourself and how you got involved in rugby.
- Who were your main opponents during that time?
- When did you stop playing rugby?
- How was women's rugby in 1989 and its progression?
- What's your most memorable rugby experience?
- Who are some of your most notable teammates?
Brigid shares her stories of women's rugby in the '70s and '80s, from the connections with Western to seeing the numbers, talent, athleticism, and success of the women's side grow. She helped form the Puget Sound Breakers and talks about the origins of the name, traveling throughout the PNW for matches, and the 1987 tour to London, Paris, Amsterdam, and Cardiff.
About the Seattle Rugby Club
Established in 1966, Seattle Rugby Club (formerly known as Seattle OPSB and Seattle Saracens) is an adult rugby union club focused on the fifteens code of the global game. Seattle Rugby proudly promotes the sport of rugby in North America both on and off the pitch through community-focused efforts as well as performing on game day. The club provides opportunities for men, women, and young people to engage with rugby at all levels.