Clubhouse Interview: Kellen Gordon, Player and Men’s Director of Rugby (Part 2 of 2)
- How did the arrival of the Seattle Seawolves impact the club?
- How has the professional environment changed since the inception of the Seawolves?
- Does it affect the dedication to and morale of the club’s player roster to have players moving back and forth between the club and the Seawolves?
- How does the club support players making the transition from amateur to professional?
- What was your experience playing for the Seawolves?
- How did playing professionally help how you coach or view the club?
Kellen Gordon, player and Men’s Director of Rugby, talks about Major League Rugby, from the league’s introduction and impact on club numbers and experience to MLR’s evolution and building relationships between Seattle Rugby Club and the Seattle Seawolves. He also tells us about his time playing for the Seawolves, its impact on his coaching, and pathways to pro rugby.
About the Seattle Rugby Club
Established in 1966, Seattle Rugby Club (formerly known as Seattle OPSB and Seattle Saracens) is an adult rugby union club focused on the fifteens code of the global game. Seattle Rugby proudly promotes the sport of rugby in North America both on and off the pitch through community-focused efforts as well as performing on game day. The club provides opportunities for men, women, and young people to engage with rugby at all levels.